SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#345759 - 06/17/12 08:47 AM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Yup - it was the Who that broke my musical heart first. Management, or not ... It's just a horrible aspect of " show business". Just as abhorribile as a major league pitcher throwing at a guys head in retaliation. Don't get me started!!!!
smile

Well I GUESS it would be 'interesting' to live in this perfect world where everyone shared the same opinion, there was no Syria, Greece was drowning in prosperity, Hawaii weather prevailed over every square inch of the planet, and the entire world was populated by mild-mannered, soft-spoken, God-fearing, similarly talented, arranger players with smiley faces pasted to their foreheads and peace symbols tattoed on their butts. In such a world, it would not be at all unusual to discuss the joys of sailing and dental health on a music forum. But might'nt (is that a word?) that get just a little boring? Sort of like SZ NOW, now that we've finally achieved all that 'civility' we (well not me) all wanted. Heck, Donny's not even posting those 'naked' links that used to titilate us so. And my good buddy Fran, heck, with nobody making any pro-Yamaha or anti-Roland posts for him to rebutt, he's just dropped off the map......come back Fran. Gosh, all I can say is......
WHERE IS DIKI WHEN WE NEED HIM.

Peace and Love,

chas

#345760 - 06/17/12 11:16 AM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: Uncle Dave]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Wow - I used to love and respect Jimi ... now after seeing the trashing of his guitar .... not so much. I remember as a kid feeling so sad when I saw that in concerts ... I had to save up just to have .25 cents for picks and these a-holes were destroying instruments. That's not rock & roll - it's just stupid.

Jerry Lee denies he ever set fire to a piano, but he is quoted in an online article in Esquire Magazine as saying "I never set fire to a piano. I'd like to have got away with it, though. I pushed a couple of them in the river. They wasn't any good."

Fact or fiction, this is one of my favorite movie scenes, and certainly validates the saying- "Presentation is EVERYTHING!" grin

#345762 - 06/17/12 12:01 PM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Ian,

Thats not a grand playing, they can't fool me or Gary, deaf as we both are, how deaf I don't know??? how daft not that daft.

drink legless today fathers day.

Ian I have just realised I am the only Brit at the moment posting on SZ, now and again Billy Wersi, when we go I will turn out the light....

#345763 - 06/17/12 12:12 PM Re: Desired: "Wild Thing" Style for Yamaha [Re: cgiles]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Yup - it was the Who that broke my musical heart first. Management, or not ... It's just a horrible aspect of " show business". Just as abhorribile as a major league pitcher throwing at a guys head in retaliation. Don't get me started!!!!
smile

Well I GUESS it would be 'interesting' to live in this perfect world where everyone shared the same opinion, there was no Syria, Greece was drowning in prosperity, Hawaii weather prevailed over every square inch of the planet, and the entire world was populated by mild-mannered, soft-spoken, God-fearing, similarly talented, arranger players with smiley faces pasted to their foreheads and peace symbols tattoed on their butts. In such a world, it would not be at all unusual to discuss the joys of sailing and dental health on a music forum. But might'nt (is that a word?) that get just a little boring? Sort of like SZ NOW, now that we've finally achieved all that 'civility' we (well not me) all wanted. Heck, Donny's not even posting those 'naked' links that used to titilate us so. And my good buddy Fran, heck, with nobody making any pro-Yamaha or anti-Roland posts for him to rebutt, he's just dropped off the map......come back Fran. Gosh, all I can say is......
WHERE IS DIKI WHEN WE NEED HIM.

Peace and Love,

chas

Chas,

Beaky ain't going to play WILD THING, he never was, this was always going to be a thread to nowhere, well spotted Chas.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online